15Watts 980nm Laser Treatment Of Piles Painless Hemorrhoid Removal
Piles (or haemorrhoids) are vascular tissue or ‘cushions’ located
in the anal canal. They form part of the normal human anatomy, and
function to help prevent leakage of stool or gas. Piles become
problematic (haemorrhoidal disease) when they swell up and/or bleed
during defecation. For some, both internal and external
haemorrhoids can occur simultaneously. It is estimated that 35% of
the population has a form of haemorrhoid. Generally, most cases of
haemorrhoids are mild and people do not experience any symptoms.
Piles can be classified into four grades:
- First degree: Internal piles that bleed, but do not prolapse past
the anus (or ‘pop out’).
- Second degree: Piles that prolapse past the anus during bowel
movement but reduce spontaneously.
- Third degree: Piles that are prolapsed and must be manually
- Fourth degree: Piles that are permanently prolapsed and cannot be
reduced, or piles with painful blood clots.
Usual symptoms experienced:
- Bleeding before, during or after bowel movement
- Bright red blood from the anus on the toilet paper or in the toilet
- Anal lumps
- Pain or itching in the anal area
Laser Piles Treatment Method:
Hemorrhoidal LASER Procedure is a painless outpatient technique
that does not require anesthesia, in addition to being safe and
easy to perform. It is effective in reducing symptoms and
complications of the hemorrhoidal disease grades I and II, with
high satisfaction rates.
Without the need of anesthesia, terminal arterioles of the upper
rectal artery are identified by a Doppler transducer (20 MHz probe
3 mm) placed on a specially designed proctoscope. After
identification, it promotes arteriolar electrofulguration at 980 nm
fiber laser diode, causing interruption of hemorrhoidal flow. This
procedure is repeated circumferentially, following the clockwise
Features of Berylas 15-watts 980nm laser system:
- 2Year Warranty, the heart of the laser unit (laser diodes) ensuring
years of reliable operation performance
- 980-nm wavelength for high absorption in hemoglobin and water
- Large color display for perfect parameter overview
- Easy, straightforward handling
- Top-notch beam quality for precise cutting
- Comprehensive range of application accessories for open as well as
endoscopic or endoluminal surgery
What are the advantages of Berylas 15watts 980nm lasers?
Berylas offer a lot of advantages when used in the treatment of
1. Average operative time is less than conventional surgical
2. Intraoperative as well as postoperative bleeding is
3. Postoperative pain is considerably less.
4. Good and rapid healing of operated area with minimal
5. Quicker recovery and early return to normal lifestyle.
6. Many procedures can be done under local or regional anaesthetia.
7. Complication rate is much less.
Other colorectal pathologies like, fistula-in-ano, polyps,
condylomatosis, haemangiomas, recurrent or advanced carcinomas can
be very effectively treated by lasers simultaneously or separately.
Advantages Of Laser Treatment For Piles And Fistula Over
Conventional Surgical Methods:
|Main Feature||Laser||Surgical Procedure|
|Patient Hospital Stay||24 Hours||3-7 Days|
|Recovery Time||3 Days||7 Days|
|Laser Type||GaAlAs Diode Laser|
|Wavelength||650nm/ 810nm/ 940nm/980nm / 1064nm|
|Maximum Power||9W/ 10W/ 15W|
|Operation Mode||CW, Single Or Repeat Pulse|
|Pulse Duration||10us- 3s|
|Repetition Rate||0.2Hz- 50KHz|
|Pilot Beam||Red Diode Laser Of 650nm, Power<5mW|
|Control Mode||True Color Touch Screen|
|Transmission System||Medical Fibers With SMA905 Connector|